Thursday, June 2, 2011

Colorado Children's Miracle Network Champion Launch - May 18

This was one of the most coolest and surprising days I have had. Today was the day that they announced me as the Colorado Champion. The whole day made me feel special and excited inside, I could not stop smiling. The day was really cool from the start all the way until the limo dropped me back at school.

The day started with the amazing Children's Miracle Network team coming to my school. They brought treats and stuff to give to all of my classmates. Molly told all of my friends about the champion program and what I will be doing. Than she showed my video to the whole class. This was really fun since do of my friends in class were also in the video. The really special thing that happened was that the WHOLE class surprised me by singing "We are the champions" to me. But, they would sing YOU are the champion. It made me feel really happy and amazed that they would take the time to sing this to me instead of just saying goodbye.

After we finished in my class, a limo came to my school to pick me up. When I first saw the limo and went inside I really felt like a superstar. It was so big, had cool lights, a lift up door, a T.V., a radio and I got to drink sprite. The limo brought us to a Walmart store and when I walked in, they had all the Walmart people lined up and clapping for me. I felt so surprised that I could not even speak. They told everyone about me and the champion program. I felt so special being there in front of everyone. The even brought a big Walmart truck that brings all the stuff to the stores in the front. Me, my sister and my friend Sam got to go into the truck and play around (and honk the big horn). The biggest surprise that they gave me a $500 gift certificate for Walmart so I could go shopping and get clothes and stuff for the Champions trip in October. I was so excited and happy. They even had a shopping cart that was made just for me (it was covered in ribbons and balloons). We had over 10 people walking around the store and watching me shop. I bought so much stuff like clothes, swimsuits and toys, but still only spent $100 so I have $400 more to spend before the trip.

Once we were ready to leave all the amazing people at Walmart, we got McDonald's to eat in the limo on the way home. It was the coolest car ride ever. It was LIMOTASTIC!

This was one of the best days ever. I love being picked to be the champion. I get to do a lot of fun things, I get to help raise a lot of money for Children's Hospital and I get to meet a lot of very nice people. All of the girls who I work with at the CMN (Molly, Katie, Melissa and Dana) are so great and so amazing for all of the nice things they do for me.

I cannot wait to share my next adventure.

Your Smiling And Happy Colorado Champion,

Ayla

No comments:

Post a Comment