Thursday, June 2, 2011

My First Champion Events

This is my first blog, but I have had A LOT of really amazing and fun events. I will start to blog after each one, but for now I want to share what I have done as the Colorado Champion:

In February I got to be involved in a radio thon for Children's Hospital. It started last November when they taped my story for to play during Alice's 36 Hours of Miracles. I also had a news crew come out and do a story on me for them to play on that first day. It was really cool to be on 9news. The radio thon lasted for three days from 6am to 6pm. I was going to be on the TV and the Radio live to kick off the fundraiser. I was supposed to be there on Wednesday morning early but I got very sick and ended up going to the E.R. at Children's Hospital even earlier (at 3am). They let me go from the E.R. to the atrium so I could do my TV and Radio interview. Even though I was not feeling good, I was still excited and did a perfect job. It was fun being a part of such a big fundraiser.

In April I got to go to Children's Hospital and speak at the fundraising kick-off campaign for Costco, Walmart and Sam's Club. I had a lot of fun speaking in front of them all and I loved that they all laughed at the jokes I put into my speech. I really love to help do everything I can to raise money for Children's Hospital in Colorado. If you want to watch me speaking at one of the events, please click the link below:


In May I got to go to two golf tournaments so everyone could meet a real patient of the hospital and hear my story (I did my speech at both events). At one event I got to drive around and sell Children's Miracle Network pins. I could not believe how many we sold and how many people loved getting to meet me. At the other event I got to drive around and take pictures with each of the golf teams. The day got a little more fun when my Dad let me drive the golf cart (it was my first time). I drove about 4 holes until someone came up to us and told me I could not drive anymore. The real fun of the day was watching all of those people having a good time and supporting all of us kids.

I will be telling you about each event, from now on, after it happens.

I am so happy that I was chosen as the 2011 Children's Miracle Network Colorado Champion and cannot wait to help all of the kids that need help.

Your Smiling And Happy Colorado Champion,

Ayla

No comments:

Post a Comment