Thursday, August 11, 2011

Re/Max Golf Tournament - A really Fun Day!

This week I got to participate in the Re/Max Golf Tournament. It was such a fun event and it was HUGE. There were almost 200 people here and they raise a lot of money for CMN. It was a really long day, but it was fun because I got to help to actually raise money.

I was on what they call a Bubba Watson hole (with my new friend and 2009 champion Tess). On this hole they could donate $20.00 and drop their ball way, way up on the hole. We collected $420.00 on our hole and I think only one set of golfers were able to say no to Tess and me. It was also fun because I started to take golf lessons this summer, and a couple of people let me hit their ball for them.

After they were done golfing they did a really fun thing. A helicopter dropped golf balls from high up (the balls were bought by people and all had numbers on them). The one that landed closest to the pin won money. It was so neat to be that close to a helicopter.

The night ended with me getting to speak during dinner. It was so much fun with so many people in the room. They made me feel so good. I told them that ITP is not who I am, just what I have, and they all started to applaud during my speech (that was the first time that has happened). At the end, the whole room stood up and clapped. I really love sharing my story and telling everyone how great Children's Miracle Network and Children's Hospital Colorado is to us kids.

There is no time to rest this week because I am getting ready to go visit some Dairy Queen's for the Miracle Treat Day. This is going to be another really fun day.

Your Smiling and Happy Colorado Champion,

Ayla

No comments:

Post a Comment